Choosing a Printer
Here are some of the main points to consider when choosing a new printer…
1. Feature Selection
- What technology (Laser or Inkjet)?
- Mono or Colour?
- Separate colour cartridges or tricolour?
- Minimum Paper Size (A4/A3)?
- Speed (Pages per minute)?
- Connectivity (USB, Ethernet or Wireless)?
- Duplex unit for double-sided printing?
- How many input trays do you need?
- Features required other than printer - Scanner, Fax, Copier?
- Make of printers you would prefer to avoid – and why?
- Budgetary price (Don't forget VAT and delivery)?
2. Running Costs
This information will help will help with the economics…
- Number of pages printed a month?
- Cartridge budget a month?
- Do you use more of one particular colour than any other?
- Already using similar printers to the one you may have in mind?
3. Printer Experience
If you already have a printer…
- What make and model number is it?
- Which features do you particularly like?
- What annoying habits could you do without?
And if any of these questions seem bewildering, or you're wondering how they may influence your choice of printer, then give Village Ink a call.